Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Working in Suwon

It has been a little over a month since I started at my new school in Suwon. It is a really nice school with a really nice location. I had bittersweet feelings about leaving Jeju to move to Suwon. However, I think I made the right choice despite still having a lot of changes to adjust to.

My new students are higher level than my old students so they are able to play more difficult games while studying English. They are also really nice for the most part. I have fun when teaching them and am thankful for the opportunity I have been given to be their English teacher.
 
One of my students gave me a present for my office! It is a guppy fish and we decided to name her Rain or λΉ„ (in Korean.) I think it was because it was raining outside at the time she gave her to me, but she is a very nice fish to have and take care of! Here is a picture of her:
 
 

I also made a few new friends within the foreigner community in Suwon in addition to some Korean teachers at my school ^^. It is also easier to meet my old friends from the time I used to be a student studying at Korea University. However, I do miss my friends in Jeju a lot. Some of them were so close that we created our own family. I was the baby of the family (because I was the youngest in the group). Love you all! <3

It was sad giving up my view of Halla mountain, but I still have a mountain right outside my office window! (I have an office at this school.)
 
 
I hope all is well! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment