Monday, February 25, 2013

1st day and night in Korea!

Yesterday was a big day! I left for my journey to Korea and it has been quite an adventure already!! I arrived at Incheon International Airport at about 3:30pm KST which was about 1:30am EST! After dropping everything off at the hotel, it was adventure time!! I went exploring around the hotel on the same island the airport was located on with my friend Lauren, which I am very thankful that we flew into Korea together! We had our first experience buying snacks at a little market! I accidentally bought steak flavored Cheetos...but it was cool looking at everything written in Korean! Now it is currently 11:00am KST which is about 9:00pm EST and we are at the airport again watching President Park Geun-Hye (the first female president of The Republic of Korea) take office today as we wait to meet up with our representative from the school!

6 comments:

  1. Hi, Ande! It's me, Danielle from AHS. I'm so excited for you and proud of you! Korea University is a top school and getting accepted there is no small accomplishment.I'm glad you made it there safely.

    How long will you be in Korea and what will you be studying? Is it for a whole year? If so, that'd be really cool because I'll be going to Japan for the summer. To think, we'd be an hour away from each other, both of us on the other side of the world, haha! I hope you have a wonderful time. Maybe help a friend out and follow me back on here? :) Be Happy and God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danielle: Hey!!! I am so glad that you are interested in reading my blog!! My major is North Koreanology!I will be in Korea until August with side trips to China and Japan! Maybe when you are in Japan I can meet up with you sometime!! It would be a lot of fun!! I would love to read your blog too! I did not even know you had a blog, but I will definitely follow your blog and see how your adventures in America as well as Japan go! :)

      Delete
  2. I am so excited. And proud. You have always been a wonderful diplomat in our family and in our community. And now is your hour to let your light shine on the other side of the world! Be blessed and bless all those who come in contact with you. Love you, stay safe. -Auntie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Auntie: This comment made me a little bit teary eyed but I am alright! I am glad that you are just as excited about this opportunity as I am! I plan to let my little light shine as bright as possible! I love you and the rest of the family too! Hopefully I will get to talk to you again soon! :)

      Delete
  3. Your aunt said it perfectly :) So incredibly proud of you and I can't wait to read all that happens while you are on the other side of the world!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tori: Thank you, Tori!!! Thank you so much for helping me set up this blog!! And thank you for your continuous encouragement! :)

      Delete