Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Suwon!!! :)

A question that I get from a lot of my friends back home in America is "What is your favorite part of/and or place in Korea?" Well I would like to answer that question now! Most people would probably assume that Seoul is my favorite city since it has so much to offer, but my favorite place in Korea is actually a city called Suwon, which is about 30 minutes by train south of Seoul. This also ties into one of my favorite experiences in Korea, which was going to Hwaseong Fortress, which is located in Suwon! I also spend a lot of time in Suwon and occasionally get to experience a homestay with a lovely and very kind Korean family!  I took a day trip to Suwon during midterm exams on April 24th, with one of my closest friends here, Charlotte, but I call her Charles :) and we went exploring around the city and throughout Hwaseong Fortress. We found a nice spot in Hwaseong Fortress, to sit and talk about life. It was wonderful because we were surrounded by the wonders of Korean nature with the sun shining nice and bright and the flowers in full bloom. It was a beautiful sight and we even got some yummy Suwon strawberries! Suwon is a great place and if you ever come to Korea, I definitely recommend that you visit Hwaseong Fortress as well as the city of Suwon!! 



It is Happy Suwon!! Where Gil is from! And it is happier than Seoul!! :)


Here is a picture of part of Suwon from Hwaseong Fortress! 


 Here is a building within the walls of Hwaseong Fortress! It is pretty!



My picture with Charles!! We were at Suwon station waiting for the train to go to Jochiwon!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ande, so nice to hear from you! Suwon sounds beautiful! I am so glad you have made some good friendships there. Where is Charles from? Tell her Aunt Donna says Hi!

    ReplyDelete