Sunday, April 21, 2013

Culture class Friday: Buddhist Temple Visit!

This past Friday we went on another trip for culture class! This time we went to 속리산면, which is a Korean National Park that has a Buddhist temple and a few trails to hike. Camping is also an option there! It was very peaceful living the life of contemplation. I had a lot of deep and meaningful thoughts. We even saw a few Monks and one of them waved when he walked past us. It was really interesting looking around and seeing all of the Buddha statues and all of the Buddhists that came to practice their religion. It was a really pretty location too!


This is the giant Buddha and then there are a lot of little Buddhas within the buildings.



Here is one of the buildings with the little Buddhas. I would have taken a picture of the inside but picture taking was strictly prohibited, so here is the pretty outside of the building!



Here is the beautiful view of the mountains! I bet it is really pretty during the fall! 

4 comments:

  1. Looks amazing Ande. Am so glad you are having fun while learning. We miss you here at home but are really not worried knowing you are taken care of:-) besides it seems rather more dangerous being on U.S. soil right now (unfortunately). Spikehorn wasn't the same without you last night, no one to order mushroom swiss burger and coke! Hugs. Auntie, Uncle,Maj,Joe, and Schmoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Auntie and Uncle! I am definitely having the time of my life here! There is so much to do and see and I am learning a lot! I miss you too! I hope you are all doing well and I saw everything going on in America. I am praying that you all stay safe! I love the food here, but a mushroom swiss burger sounds sooo good right now!! It was nice to hear from you! Thank you for reading my blog!! I love you all! Pet the dogs and the Schmoo for me!!

      Delete
  2. Ande-What a great time, not only learning about a culture but experiencing it firsthand as well. Nice pictures. My favorite is the last one with the mountains in the background-just beautiful! Sending lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Auntie!! I like that picture too!!

      Delete