Thursday, April 11, 2013

North Korea Continued

The threats of North Korea are growing worse and I am sure that the U.S. media is not making things better for anyone wondering about my safety while in South Korea, which is why I would like to post another message on the current situation. The U.S. Embassy in Seoul has been keeping all of the American citizens signed up with the state departments S.T.E.P. program updated on the current situation between North and South Korea. I have been notified that with all of the threats coming from North Korea, I am not in any imminent danger, but to be prepared in the case of an emergency. All of the exchange students at Korea University have been notified and told what to do in the case of an attack, so you can feel a little bit more relaxed at the idea that we do have a plan if the times call for it. However, I can assure you that from my first hand experience of living in South Korea, I still feel safe. I am constantly keeping up with the current events happening in North Korea under the Kim regime and I can tell you that it is a very exciting and interesting time to be a North Koreanology major in South Korea. However, I just want to remind everyone that I am safe and still having fun while in Korea! Thank you for all of your concerns! Love you all!! :)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Ande! Glad to hear you are well! You are correct in thinking that the U.S media is not making it any better for those of us who have loved ones in South Korea. Unfortunately, it is difficult to trust the media in anything they report anymore.You are doing right by informing us yourself. You are an intelligent young woman and I can see God working in your life. We continue to pray for your safety.
    Psalm 4:8 "I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, Lord, make me dwell in safety"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto to everything your aunt said :)

    ReplyDelete