Sunday, March 3, 2013

Korean Toast!

So everyone has been waiting to see some pictures of my adventures in Korea so I am going to start by posting some pictures of the many different types of food that I have been eating for the past week. So, here is my first food posting!

Korean Toast:


The above picture is of Korean toast! I went out to lunch with my roommates to the Issac for some toast! Now when they said we were going to get toast I thought of toasted bread with butter, because that is how I like to eat it in America! Korean toast is more like a sandwich with toasted bread. The toast that I ate was actually called Pizza Toast, which had pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni and pickles on it. It was so tasty! The pickles part might sound weird but Koreans always eat pickles with pizza and other foods that have a lot of cheese on it, because they eat cheese so infrequently that they actually have a harder time digesting it than Americans do since Americans eat cheese all of the time. It was an interesting fact to learn! So if you ever go to a pizza place in Korea, your pizza will most likely be served with a side of pickles, but if you do not like them you do not have to eat them!





No comments:

Post a Comment